Nearly 60 containers filled with colorful flowers and ornamental plants provide welcoming color in the concrete medians and sidewalks in the downtown area and other public sites along Center, Elm, Fenn, Linden, Silver Lake Boulevard and Tyler Streets
- Circular garden designed by Blossoming Acres with unusual annuals and ornamental plants
- Memorial garden on the south side dedicated to Pittsfield Beautiful’s founder, Tommie Bailey
- Additional gardens along Allen & Fenn Street entrances feature a variety of shrubs and hostas
- Colorful window boxes and hanging baskets adorn the entrances
DEPOT & CENTER STREETS
Unique triangle gardens built by Tom Kierzek and Karl Lescarbeau and designed by Diane Wetzel
- Native gardens designed by Pat Pritchard to feature flowers, shrubs and trees native to New England
- Lovely raised garden on the south side of the parking garage designed by Barbara Seddon and Mariette Moon
- Additional planters filled with colorful annuals along the west entrance to the garage
- Color themed gardens designed by Blossoming Acres surround the fountain
- Spirea and dwarf cherry trees frame the park from the west
What was once an abandoned garden filled with orange daylilies against the building’s red brick was transformed in the 1990s with a variety of shrubs and colorful perennials
Renovated in 2013, this circular garden features perennials and roses with views of the historic soldier’s memorial to the south
Named after Miss Redding who maintained the original garden at the intersection of North and First Streets near BMC in the early 1900s. Completely redesigned in 2006 to feature three large raised gardens filled with interesting perennials, shrubs and trees and a special raised bed for annuals. Constructed by Bill Morency and designed by a team of Master Gardeners.
Lovely pocket garden designed by Churchill Gardens welcomes all those who enter the Columbus Avenue Parking Garage.